Monday, March 30, 2009

RS Preview

For those who haven't picked up the newest Rolling Stone, I'm going to enlighten you with a little bit of their previews for this year. They've basically broken down who are dropping albums this year and when. I thought I'd just share with you the ones I'm excited for...not in any particular order
1. Asher Roth 4/20--what a great date for all the stoners. Some people are giving him shit for being a white rapper but he's definitely not another Eminem. 
2. Lil Wayne May--I just want to see what this whole rock and roll stint has done for him. Not too excited about the promised auto-tune but there will probably be some entertaining songs.
3. Ben Harper 5/5--more rock and blues...some of best music combinations in my opinion. RS says there's a Stones-y and Beatles style so that can only be good. 
4. DMB 6/2--It's been so long so hopefully they will deliver. It will be interesting to see if the dynamic is different since the saxophonist unfortunately died while working on the project.
5. Regina Spektor June--She's a little funky but I like the crazy stories she tells with her songs and that they're heavy on the piano.
6. Mos Def 6/9--I just love him and he's a great lyricist. His last big album was in 1999 so it's about time...can't rush a master. haha
7. Damian Marley and Nas June---what a great combo.
8. Black Eyed Peas 6/9--I'm not a big fan of them but they always have great dance songs. I've read and heard that will.i.am is working hard on this to make it danceable and I trust him. 

No comments: