Monday, March 9, 2009

I Totally Forgot About His Awesomeness

I couldn't wait to post this till tomorrow because I am so excited. I was talking to my boss about music and Girl Talk came up. I can't believe I forgot about him. Hopefully you guys have heard of this genius and if you haven't then you can thank me now. 
He, Gregg Gillis, mashes up rap with electronica and pop and your favorite late 80s and 90s hits with the occasional oldies too.  It will blow you away. Pretty sure a lot of of songs on the "Feed the Animals" cd are from old jock jams cds which is just great in my mind.My favorite part about him is that it's perfect for my music a.d.d. You can't get bored with a song because it's constantly changing, but in a good way. Pretty sure you can just put his cd on at a party and you wouldn't have to change it...well if your friends like this kind of music. Definitely a dance party.
He's also amazing live. I got to see him at lollapalooza from afar this summer. It was great. There he was on the stage with his laptop? and then everyone joined him. It was a massive mosh pit full of high and drunk kids.  With beach balls being thrown around.It was just a sight to see and hear.
Here's a video from lollapalooza. If you guys want to know where to get some songs just ask and I'll help ya out.



No comments: