Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I'm back!! Block Party

I'm BACK! after sleeping and drinking lots and lots of bottles of water i'm feeling decent..woohoo!
A lot of people have heard the rumors that Ben Folds and Guster are coming for Block Party...and they're true!
I personally love Ben Folds and I'm iffy with Guster, but I'm pretty sure that the majority of students here don't like their kind of music. This line up is prime for your Midwest College tours but I don't think it was the right choice for Cuse. Who decided to pick a rock/pop group to perform at a college where most people listen to rap and hip hop? 
Anyway I'm going to open your eyes to Ben.
Reasons Why He's Good:
1. Amazing piano player. Anyone who can play his own music while performing gets points from me 
2. Falsetto. He's range is out there. He may be able to hit notes I can't
3. Great live performer. I've seen him in concert before and it's crazy. He gets so into it. The sweat drips from his tshirt at the end.
4. Audience participation. That's always fun!
5. Who doesn't like the songs "Zac and Sara" and "Brick?" ...and my personal fav. "kate" ...one of the only sounds that has something close to my name in it.
I guess that's only 5 reasons but it will be good...trust me. If you guys want to come visit and see him let me know. I always love visitors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just saw Ben 2 nights ago, and he rocked my f**kin' a** off. It was awesome. I'm pretty jealous of that lineup. I saw Guster 2 years ago too, and they were fenomenal, with a big f.