Sunday, March 8, 2009

I dunno about this one..

I was doing my daily blog reading and stumbled upon a return of MYA! It seems like she's taken a hiatus from music for a movie career...mostly dance movies of course. But I got kind of excited. I remember blastin "My Love is Like.."  "Girls Dem Sugar" and my favorite "Take Me There." She has this weird but intriguing voice. 
So I click on the link to download it...because you can't just listen to it. Everytime I download something my heart hurts a little for the music industry, but for some reason I still do it. I'm sorry... I listen to it (Case of the Ex Remix)...the whole 8 minutes--totally unnecessary---and it was a total disappointment. I really hope she goes in and changes this song because it's basically a remix of "What'cha Gonna Do." Why even change the title? If you are trying to come back then write a new song and definitely don't make it 8 minutes. 
The only reasoning I can come up with as to why she did this is, is that she's under a new label in Japan. And that's a whole other mind boggling thing. Her cd come out in December, but who knows when it will get to the U.S.? I know I didn't hear about it.
Does she have a bigger fan base in Japan? 
I just got really confused and disappointed after this experience and that's just not how I wanted to start my Sunday morning.
Ohhh if you want to read the original blog I got this story from click here.

No comments: