Friday, April 10, 2009

New Guy: Jeremih



Let's have some birthday sex! That's what Jeremih is singing and looking for anyway. Island Def Jam signed this new artist in  March and "Birthday Sex" is his first single. I guess there was a fight for him among Capitol, Jive, and Def Jam. Jeremih fits into the category of Ne-Yo and The Dream with his r&b/soul/ rap style, but he still has a while to go to reach their level. His resume includes playing the drums, sax, bass, and piano, but  I didn't hear any of that. All I could think of was the "I-I-I" part, which sounds like a slower version the  "Overnight Celebrity" part, and how the lyrics are kind of ridiculous.Here's a little taste: "See you sexy and them jeans got me on 10. 1-2-3 Ding, I got you pinned. Don't tap out, fight until the end. Ring that bell, and we gonna start over again. We ridin' with passion, 'cause it's your birthday." All I have to say is "Woooow." If this sounds appealing to you, go to www.myspace.com/jeremih and dig in. I think he has potential because he does have a voice, but I don't think this was the right single to promote a new artist.


No comments: