Wednesday, April 8, 2009

He's An Incubus Now?


Charles Hamilton dropped another mixtape around the beginning of the month. I got it on the first, but I don't remember if it came out before that. This one is basically an homage to one of his favorite bands, Incubus. I like this one a lot, but maybe it's because I'm an Incubus fan too. Charles explained it on his blog as follows:
*Concept: An incubus tried to attack me in my state of meditation/subconscious/sleep. Before it got a change to attack I woke up and asked why it wanted to attack me. It responded, "Dude, I'm an incubus. That's what I do. I f*ck with people when they least expect it." After a serious heart-to-heart with the incubus, I decided that using this incubus to transmit my thoughts to the world would be the only way for people to understand me in my natural language: vibration.
*Tracks (the Incubus song is in parentheses):
- The Incubator ("Wish You Were Here)- the one and only trip down the birth canal, every time you hear the song.
-Friendly Reminder/Mop-N-Glo ("A Crow Left of the Murder," "Blood on the Ground")- asking for understanding and reassurance, as well as a cover of "Blood on the Ground."
-I Really F*cking Do Tho ("I Miss You")- It Must be a West Indian thing. But every time I fall in love, I feel enchanted. 
-Nascar ("When It Comes")-Me when I look dead in your eyes and not smile.
-Parent-Teacher Night ("Warning")
-Hall Pass ("Nowhere Fast")- where and what determination gets you
-Eddie Lee ("Anna-Molly")
-Cosmic Hopscotch ("Stellar")
-Sunstorm ("Under My Umbrella")
-Sci-Fi Channel ("Here In My Room")
-The Warmth, Hamiltonized ("The Warmth")
-Rivers in Reverse (" Aqueous Transmission")
-Brandon and Jimi Talk Fire ("Pardon Me" acoustic)

If this sounds intriguing to you, you can go to http://www.zshare.net/download/58060188e0e5baf0/and download it.

No comments: