Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Open Your Ears and Eyes for Mike Milan

You probably haven't heard of Mike Milan, 20-- if you have, great! And I applaud you on your music searching skills-- but you should start paying attention to him. He's a rapper/singer from Manhattan who is extremely dedicated to achieving his dreams...Let's help him get his name out there and get him signed!
He's always been a lover of music and now he's making some great stuff. He listens to everything from techno(just a little bit) to Coldplay to Lykke Li to Jay-Z to John Legend, so you can expect a variety of sounds from him.
The first time I met him he sang "Falsetto," and I knew he had something. I think his sound has evolved since I've met him, and it's definitely been in a good way. He has a wide vocal range, but he is also a great free-styler. 
He mostly writes about girls, his dreams, partying, and his life, but don't limit him to those topics. You can get everything from a baby-making song to a party bumping song from him. 
My favorite older songs are Protection, You Only Live Twice, and Bubble Boy, but he has some great newer ones like Can't Stop, Neon Lights, and You.
I know he's been busy working on several projects, so we should all be looking forward to those. 
You can follow him through his myspace page: www.myspace.com/mikemilan1

No comments: