Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tennille





You guys probably know that I love Jade, so I went searching for music that she followed and I saw Tennille. She hangs out with the Cool Kids and she's labeled as a r&b, hip hop, and fusion . I don't think I've ever really heard of fusion before, but I like it. Her sound is playful and relaxed. The part that I like the most is that she combines chill rap with singing in the background. At sometimes she reminds me of M.I.A.The songs are mostly done with synthesizers...at least that's what it sounds like to me.  She only has three songs up on her myspace and I like them all.
*Lac Strollin: It's playful and just chill. The little "da da da" in the beginning with the added layer of "ahhs"is just pleasant to hear for me. I can picture myself driving in the car in the summer and blasting this. I really like how she emphasizes the lyrics by singing the end of the phrases legato-ish with a hint of staccato-ish ness.(haha i love making words up.) You'll understand it when you listen to it.
*Ass Made of Diamonds: The one starts off a lil bit more hip-hop, but it's still a little soft. The title kind of makes me laugh, and it makes it hard for me to take this song seriously, but some how she pulls it off. 
*Alright Ok: The beginning kind of reminds me of "sensual seduction."I think that's what was kinda going for too.ha

Go check her out at www.myspace.com/10iller

No comments: