Saturday, April 25, 2009

Are You High o r Are They High?

Since I'm trying to branch out again from too much hip-hop, I thought I'd introduce you to some special music. I say special because they had to have been on something while making it or you feel like you're high because you're listening to it. And I don't mean that "high on life" kinda thing.
The first band is Animal Collective. They're pretty tame, but listen to their song "Unsolved Mysteries" and you'll think you're going around in a haunted carousel. It kind of reminds me of something that would have been in the movie "Across the Universe." www.myspace.com/animalcollectivetheband
The other band is The Bug. He is based in London and I don't even know what you'd call his music. I was just thrown off. It's a cacophony of sounds with some language I've never heard. Check it out.haha www.myspace.com/thebuguk

No comments: