Thursday, April 2, 2009

How Does It Feel?

I've been thinking about writing about D'Angelo for awhile, but after I saw this video of Asher Roth, I just had to. Whenever D'Angelo pops up in my shuffle I swoon. Yes, this video of Asher is an April Fools Joke, but I think it would have been better if he actually sang it.
But back to D'Angelo. It was a long time ago, but Spin did an article about him and how he's disappeared. He said he felt like fans only like him for his body and not his music, and that's not the reason why he got into music. I definitely respect that. Musicians should be appreciated for their music not just their bodies. When you get into that, then you just have entertainers and then you lose quality music. It's a slippery slope that happens all the time in the music industry. It's sad. You can catch D'Angelo on collabs but he hasn't had a solo album in a minute. Here's the original video for all you ladies. (sorry for the weirdness in the beginning but the original can't be embedded)


No comments: