Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Song of the Day: "Quelqu'un m'a dit"

I went and saw (500) Days of Summer the other night and the soundtrack is pretty amazing...it's up there with Garden State. The song that I fell in love with is Quelqu'un m'a dit by Carla Bruni. There's this thing with me and music in French. For some reason it just sounds better and their voices are more calming or interactive...but maybe that's just because I don't understand everything that they are singing.

So this song sounds beautiful and a little sorrowful...and oh my goodness is it. I translated it and here is what it says:

I am told that our lives are not worth much,
They pass in an instant as roses fade.
I was told that the time slips is a bastard that our sorrows He made them coats but someone told me ...

Refrain
That you still loved me,
Someone who told me you loved me still.
Would this be so?

I was told that fate does not care about us
That gives us nothing and promises everything
Seem qu'le happiness is at hand,
Then it reaches out and you find yourself crazy
But someone told me ...

Refrain

But that is what I always said that you loved me?
I do remember it was late at night
I hear his voice, but I see more features
"He loves you, it's secret, tell him that J'vous have said"
You see someone told me ...

That you still loved me, I was really T'on said ...
That you still loved me, would this be so?

I am told that our lives are not worth much,
They pass in an instant as roses fade
I was told that the time slips is a bastard
What our sorrows He made them coats,
But someone told me that ...

Check Bruni out because the rest of her music is just as beautiful...I don't know what they mean, but I'll work on it. And if you love the way French sounds check out Ta Douleur by Camille.

No comments: