Monday, September 14, 2009

So Much Fun in the Music World

Yesterday was a fun day in the world of music. It was the perfect day at Syracuse for a music lover like me. The day started off with Juice Jam and ended with the VMAs....oh and one more announcement.
This year Juice Jam brought in The Cool Kids, Jack's Mannequin and Girl Talk...a pretty solid line up. I would like to applaud the organizers except the order of performance. Who starts off with The Cool Kids??? My line up would have been Jack, Kids, Girl Talk. The Cool Kids were awesome and then you get Jack's Mannequin up there singing about emo stuff and I wanted to slit my wrists....not an action before I want to jump up and down for Girl Talk. C'mon Organizers!!!!
I understand that Jack's Mannequin may have a bigger following than the Cool Kids but the order of energy just doesn't mash well. I was so depressed that I left even before Girl Talk got on stage. Probably a poor decision on my part, but I just wasn't feeling it. It's a good thing I've seen him before, but it would've been nice to see him again....oh well.
The thing that did make it all worthwhile was meeting the Cool Kids. They're mad chill. So here's the story:
So after the performance my friend Edwin and I walked over to the fence and I was like I should just yell and see if he'll [Chuck] will come over, so I yelped out this puney scream of "Chuck" and Edwin said C'mon I know you can do better and I refused so he yelled and Chuck actually looked over and motioned to us....ah-mazing!
So Chuck comes over and I tell him I'm the girl who tweeted him the night before about going to Chucks and he was like "so you're that girl." Saying it in a weird tone and I responded "Yeah, I guess I'm that girl." So were just chatting, we take a photo and then a crowd starts to form. We could tell Chuck was a little peeved, but he was chill about it. After a good 10 minutes of craziness, Mikey came out to the crowd. So Edwin and I are just chillin there and letting the crazy people take their photos and this cracked-out-girl says "What's his [Mikey] him?" and I bluntly say, " Are you serious?!? He just did a whole song about who he is and what his name is!" she says, "oh i must have missed that!" After another 10 minutes we finally talked to Mikey..told him about chandelier. Too bad they we're leaving by 5 or I think we could've gotten them to chill with us.


Needless to say the crowd was crazy and it wore me out. At least I got to rest before the madness of the VMAs.
OHh the Kanye incident, Lady Gaga trying to prove she's not a guy with her outfit, Lil Mama ruining the ending, Hov and Alicia Key's awesome performance, and we must not forget the awesome MJ tribute that almost made me cry...I'm trying to stay strong here. If you didn't watch the VMAs catch some clips at mtv.com. It's one of the only music things MTV shows now so I feel like it's necessary to give it a watch.

OH and the announcement!!! John Legend is coming to Cuse on the 23rd to speak about his Show Me campaign. He responded to me on twitter last night and I went crazy...I'm that big of a fan. So look out for more info on that.