Saturday, September 19, 2009

Song of the Day: " Hoochie Coo"


Rock and Rap/Hip Hop is a beautiful blend for my ears. Jim Jones isn't one of my favorites, but having Mos Def and the Black Keys on this track definitely out way that one negative. Mos Def's voice is on point with this song...it kind of reminds me of the Red Hot Chili Peppers circa 90s. His little "oo oo oos" are delivered with his usual hypnotic smooth warm tone...it's nice. The Black Keys really kill it with the instrumentals and I'm assuming they are the back up vocals.
Give it a listen right here .

The song is part of the Black Keys rap/rock album that's dropping November 27th. The collaborations look amazing and from what I heard, I think it's gonna be a must have. Check out the website to see what is to come from this project. I'm way excited. You can even pre-order it.

No comments: