Saturday, November 14, 2009

About Time for Snow



My friend sent me a song awhile ago and it was love at first listen. Lately I've been into what I like to call "happy music." The kind of music that pulls me out of bed, makes me want to dance in public and bust out singing where ever I am. The song I'm talking about is "Animal" by Miike Snow. After some research, I found out that if you are a Gossip Girl watcher you may recognize this song from one of the episodes.

I think it makes me happy because of the repetitive keyboard melody. If you listen I think you'll understand where I'm coming from.
But here's the low down of Miike Snow. From the name, you may think it's a solo dolo, but nope you are wrong. It's a Swedish band consisting of Andrew Wyatt, Christian Karlsson and Pontus Winnberg(that name is wonderful). They have a poppy feel that is heavily grounded in keyboard and piano tunes. They have one album right now, Miike Snow. I like it, but the songs do sound a little similar.
Check them out on their myspace page and rock out with some "happy music!"

No comments: