Monday, November 30, 2009

Get to Know Your Samples


You know that one song that sounds like that one song by Kanye??? Yeah you probably don't, but now you can figure it out. This situation happens to me all the time...like multiple times in a day. It would eat at my brain and make me spacey during class, but the other day I think my life changed. My friend Jamar told me about this amazing website that tells you what songs an artist sampled on which songs. Can I get a drumroll please??......it's www.whosampled.com. I wish I would have just put that in before because it's so simple, but I didn't. Maybe you're saying to yourself "Katie is stupid. That website is mad old." But I don't care. I just thought I'd let you in on my epiphany and if you haven't visited this website now you can when you have that name of a song on the tip of your tongue. Fun Fact: Kanye has sampled over 103 songs

No comments: