Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Actress to Singer


I'm not a big fan of the actress to singer and singer to actress thing. Let's name some; Jennifer Lopez (so i like her first stuff, but now she should stick to acting), Miley Cyrus (i don't know which one she was first, but I don't like her songs...I will not pary in the usa with her),Beyonce (i think she should stick to singing), Scarlett Johansson (complete butchering of Tom Waits),Hayden Panettierre (who even remembers her song?). And NOW, Leighton Meester (or is it Meister..there are so many different spellings on the web). I regret to say I am a fan of Gossip Girl, so I'd rather her stick to that than singing.
Her voice isn't ear-shattering bad, I just like her as an actress more. The first thing I heard with her on it was "Good Girls Go Bad" by Cobra Starship.I must I did not like it. There's a weird part of the song that just sounds off. Her part isn't bad, but every time I hear that she's a singer now, I think of that song and automatically the shuddering occurs.
But...I was peeping around today to find new music and ran across a Christmas song [Christmas(Baby Please Come Home)] from her. Since Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I figure I can post Christmas music now. I love it. This song isn't that bad, and maybe I can accept her as a singer. The one thing I don't like is that her voice is a little whiney and the words are very legato, but I guess to each their own.
Enjoy! Happy Early Thanksgiving!

No comments: