Friday, February 27, 2009

Set the Mood

In the words of Justin Timberlake, "Let me set the mood right, oooh ooh. Cause I'm gonna make you feel alright.Oooh ooooh" You may think I'm going to write about setting the mood for some baby making, but this is not that case. 
I'm talking about how which music is being played can drastically change my mood. Have you ever been to a party and your having a great time and then some horrible song comes on and you just can't function because of it? Definitely happens all the time when you're at frat parties. Last night I was at a bowling alley and they were playing some throwbacks like cyndi lauper, michael jackson, and those unknown bands but their songs rock. It made me soooo happy. 
What I'm trying to say is that music usually is able to set me in the right kind of mood. If it's rainy, like it is right now in good ole Cuse,  I listen to some John Legend, Joss Stone, or stuff that I can just sing along with or relax to. If I'm about to go out, I listen to lively stuff like mondotek or rap. When I'm pissed I listen to everything to try to get me happy again. When I'm heart broken, I listen to Kanye. 
Then there's those times when music can't even make me happy. That's just seems blasphemous since I love music so much, but sometimes things just suck balls.
So my request from you is to help me find that music to bring me out of those dark times..haha That sounds so dramatic but I want some enlightenment into what music helps people out of their lowly times.

No comments: