Tuesday, February 24, 2009

First Post : Kim Osorio and Joe Budden

Welcome to to my adventures of finding music and all the opinions that go along with them.(Please excuse my poor grammar or punctuation. Sometimes I just have to type and not think about it, so I tend to run on.) I've always been able to connect songs with whatever I'm doing, so I thought why not share what I'm thinking and finding. Somethings may seem a little out there, but oh well. If you guys want to help me build my music knowledge or collection, please do. Just beware. I will give you my honest opinion. 
I have so many ideas for this blog, but since I had a pretty great experience today I'll start off with one that connects to it.

So this is a long story, but I always seem to find music in the most roundabout ways. So here the story goes:
Kim Osorio, the first female editor-in-chief at The Source, came to Newhouse for a speech about her book and her life as an editor for a hip-hop magazine. Sidenote: Something what I eventually want to do. So she seemed so interesting to me. I would recommend reading her book even though I haven't because her stories were intriguing. (what a weird sentence...sorry)
So I was doing some research on her because that's what journalism students do and found her blog. Another sidenote: I recently have developed an obsession with blogs, so if anyone has one they love send me a link please. On this blog was something about Joe Budden and his gf and so I watched it. Pretty ridiculous may I say, but I decided to look up some of his new stuff, because I'm always looking to increase my music library. 
So I travel on the web to hotnewhiphop.com and there I see Joe Budden. I clicked on If I Gotta Go. My first reaction was ooooh this is kinda interesting. It reminded me of musical jewelry boxes with a twist of creepiness. And then came the "singing." And I was like  "DAMN! his voice kinda ruined that whole intro." But the rest of the build up with the backup instrumentals are pretty good. I just wish I could read the lyrics somewhere.
Here's a link to the song. Tell me what you think.


No comments: