Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Profit from Misfortunes


You know how they say artists make more money after they die? Well, I think this concept should also apply when an artist has something tragic happen to them. For instance, the Jackson family has made millions after Michael died, Justin Timberlake's album Justified was a success and I feel like it was because everyone was anxious to see what he wrote about his and Britney Spears' break up, pretty sure The Beatles sales go up every time a member dies (RIP Lennon and Harrison),and Adele's album is amazing due to her break up with a love. But the main reason why I'm writing this is because of Chris Brown's new album, Graffiti.
There has been mixed feelings about him and the album, but I'm going to straight out say I'm a supporter. Yes, I would scream it out in public if someone asked me to. At first,I did have some inner struggles about liking the album because of the whole Rihanna thing, but honestly that situation is responsible for this great album. A lot of the songs are , well at least I assume they are about Rihanna.

Well listening through the whole thing, my roommate and I couldn't help bobbing are heads, smiling and having the occasion break out of crazy movements. We concluded that it will be a hit in the clubs.
The production is great; the featuring of Tank, Lupe, Lil Wayne and more make it great; and the writing is genius. And the songs he samples are kind of great. I would have to say it's a great album to come back from a tragic stab to his reputation. I wonder if Rihanna has/will listen to it?
On another note, "Fallin' Down" sounds like a Michael Jackson song and "Famous Girl" is one of my favorites. And with that being said, I need some help.
If anyone can tell me where the first 4 seconds of the song is sampled from I will love you forever. It's been bugging me since last night and no one has been able to help me out.
Go get the album. But here's "Famous Girl" maybe you guys can help me out. :)

No comments: