Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Diamond Rings with Chipmunk


I've been sitting on this song since Nov. 4 because I didn't know what to write along with it, but today it hit me when it came on my iPod.
When I listen to songs I tend to envision their videos or how I would make one to go along with it. When I hear this song, I automatically think of Moulin Rouge courtesans and their pimp, if that's what you call them. So just try to envision this while you listen to the song about Chipmunk being a new and successful artist.
The scene is in an underground speakeasy with smoke and a huge stage with a grand piano. There's a whole bunch of flappers and then Chipmunk is the pimped out and has a huge diamond pinky ring. So he's more in focus then the rest of the crowd who are throwing money, dancing around, and drinking until they fall over. Then when the chorus comes on a spotlight hits the stage and THE one prized courtesan comes out with a huge diamond pendent hanging from her corset. She sings and performs and such.
So they may not be an original idea, but that's how I envision part of it going down.
I like this song because it takes me to a different decade, his London accent is pleasing to the ears, the horns are great and the female vocals are fun too
Take a listen and tell me what you think.

No comments: