Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Teitur


So I know this may be annoying that all the posts are about Teitur, but I didn't know how the little download widget thingy would work. But for all you non-hip-hopers maybe you'll like this guy.
Here's the low down...from what I can tell:
He was born in the Faroe Islands, which is between Scotland and Iceland. This may be the reason for his storytelling songs and his occasional gloomy instrumentals. This is what he has to say about it on his myspace page:
“The place is very dramatic, the weather conditions are averse, there is a lot of silence, it’s a part of me, it’s in my dreams, it is hard for me not to put some of that atmosphere into my music as I feel so attached to it.”
I personally like the storytelling of his songs. It makes it easier to listen to...you actually want to hear what is going to happen. His song "Catherine the Waitress" is a little different from the others. It's more up beat and it sounds like he's using a wooden xylophone...which I think is amazing. I love it when singers use all kinds of instrumentals.
But the main reason why I love this guy is because his voice is relaxing. I could definitely see myself listening to his stuff on a rainy day or just relaxing.
Go check him out on his myspace: http://www.myspace.com/teitur and you can follow him on twitter: @teitur

No comments: