Monday, October 12, 2009

Good Listen: Where the Wild Things Are Soundtrack


Where The Wild Things Are is a classic children's book so I'm hoping Spike Jonze's film adaption does it justice. From watching the trailer and listening to the soundtrack it seems like it's promising. Karen O of the Yeah Yeah Yeah brings the perfect attitude for the album. She's spunky, weird, dark, and the list goes on of unique attributes. The soundtrack is actually by her and "the kids." The collabs are marvelous, but I'll let you listen to hear the geniusness of it all. Her vocals are great and the instrumental with maracas and such bring a smile to my face.There are several songs that feature kid like voices...sometimes it sounds like kids but sometimes I think maybe they're just hers?? haha
The first song released was "All is Love" and it has the upbeat adventure feel....and one of the songs with the kid voices. When I listen to it, I want to go on an adventure..so I guess the people did a good job picking the song to feature first for this movie.
But other songs that are good are "Worried Shoes" which is more of a somber tone. I love Karen's little bursts of notes and "ha ha's" Hard to explain, but when you listen I think you'll understand.
The soundtrack plays with your emotions, but I kind of like it. It's a good "sit and listen" soundtrack.
Here's a bit of "Worried Shoes" and a short song "Animal" to give you a feel of the other songs you haven't heard.

No comments: